Happy Easter! I hope you’ve all had a lazy day and stuffed your face with chocolate because it’s not Easter if you don’t regret all the chocolate you’ve eaten, is it!?
If you happen to have some leftover Easter Eggs and want to make something scrumptious, but easy, this recipe is for you… A Creme Egg Rocky Road.
Rocky road is one of my signature recipes and when I saw this one with Creme Eggs in it, I knew I had to try it out! So here is my take:
370g milk chocolate
2 tbsp golden syrup
4 digestives, completely crushed
4 digestives, broken up
16 mini creme eggs
- Put the creme eggs into the freezer for 1 hour before you start. This prevents them from melting when added to the mixture.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup together over a low heat, stirring regularly.
- Take the mixture off the heat.
- Cut the creme eggs into halves.
- Mix the marshmallows, digestives and half of the creme eggs, into the chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Pour into a tin lined with parchment paper.
- Add the remaining creme eggs to the top, pushing them down slightly.
- Refrigerate until set (approximately 2 hours).
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
I ate pretty much this whole thing myself so it may be a better idea to make this when there are people around your house haha!
Thanks for reading,