Who doesn’t love a classic lemon drizzle loaf? I recently did my own take on a version based on Tanya Burr’s Lemon Drizzle Loaf and Donal Skehan’s Lemon Drizzle Slices and it turned out so amazing that I could not resist sharing it with you!
This recipe is absolutely perfect if you are looking for something simple but delicious, whether it’s for a Sunday treat or for hosting a party.. or for any other excuse! 😉
170g unsalted butter
170g caster sugar
170g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Zest of 2 lemons
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
200g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C / 320F.
2. Line loaf tin with parchment paper.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the eggs.
5. Mix in flour, baking powder and lemon zest until smooth.
6. Pour mixture into lined tin.
7. Bake for 45-60 minutes. Keep an eye on it until it is golden brown. Use a skewer to make sure it is cooked through.
Once the loaf has baked and is cooling, you can begin to prepare the icing.
1. Whisk together the lemon juice, zest and icing sugar until well combined.
2. Drizzle over the cooled loaf.
If you want thicker icing, just add more icing sugar until you get your desired consistency.
Writing this post has made me want to go and bake another right now! If you try it out, let me know your thoughts 🙂
Thanks for reading